Martha Stewart Living, June
Yield Makes one 11-inch quiche
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- Tart Dough (http://www.marthastewart.com/281636/tart-dough)
- 10 ounces slab bacon, cut into 3/4-by-1/4-by-1/4-inch strips
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick. Cut out a 13-inch circle from dough. Press dough onto bottom and up sides of an 11-inch tart pan with a removable bottom; trim dough flush with top edge of pan. Prick bottom all over with a fork. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line tart shell with parchment paper, and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until dough starts to feel firm on the edges, about 20 minutes. Remove parchment and weights; continue baking until crust is pale golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Leave oven on.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Whisk eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour mixture into tart shell, and scatter the bacon strips on top. Bake until puffed and pale golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.