Roasted Fall Vegetable Soup
Everyday Food, October 2006
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 6 cups (about 1/2 recipe) Roasted Fall Vegetables (http://www.marthastewart.com/284172/roasted-fall-vegetables)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Bread or crackers, for serving (optional)
- Working in batches, puree vegetables in blender with a total of 4 to 5 cups water. Pour each batch through a fine-mesh sieve into a large saucepan, pressing puree through with a spoon or rubber spatula.
- Thin puree with additional water, if necessary; heat soup over medium. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Serve with bread or crackers, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.