Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Walnuts
Martha Stewart Living, November 2005
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, stem ends trimmed and scored with an X
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; insert steamer rack. Add brussels sprouts; steam until bright green and just tender, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until soft, about 2 minutes. Stir in brussels sprouts; cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in lemon juice and walnuts.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.