Chicken with Garlic-Pepper Sauce
The sauce, called sofrito, is used in many Latin American recipes as a seasoning base; it can even
replace salsa as a dip for chips.
Everyday Food, April 2005
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup thawed <u>Garlic-Pepper Sauce</u>
- Rice and green salad (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until lightly browned on the first side, about 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken; add Garlic-Pepper Sauce and 2 tablespoons water. Bring to a simmer. Cover, and cook until chicken is opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Divide chicken among four plates. Season sauce with salt and pepper; spoon over chicken. Serve with rice and salad, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.