Chutney Chicken Salad
This recipe is from Priscilla Lukens of Devon, Pennsylvania.
Everyday Food, March 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Serves 4 to 6
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Major Grey's chutney
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Season chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper; place in a large skillet and add 1/2 inch of water. Simmer, covered, over medium-low heat until chicken is opaque throughout, 15 to 20 minutes; remove chicken from skillet. When cool enough to handle, shred chicken with fingers, discarding skin and bones; chill until room temperature.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, chutney, and mustard.
- Add chicken, scallions, and raisins; season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.