Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream
With pretty pink frosting, these strawberry cupcakes put a smile on everyone's face.
Martha Stewart Living, February 2009
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour, (not self-rising)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely chopped strawberries, plus small strawberries for garnish
- Strawberry Buttercream (http://www.marthastewart.com/282504/strawberry-buttercream)
- Make cupcakes as directed in Basic Cupcake How-To, using milk and vanilla for wet ingredients. Stir chopped strawberries into batter. Once cupcakes are cool, frost tops with strawberry buttercream. Frosted cupcakes will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to 2 days. Top with a strawberry just before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.