Pan-Grilled Pork Kebabs
Don't wait until grill season for a sunny supper. Grab a grill pan and make kebabs right on the stove. Kids will love these kebabs -- the juicy orange chunks with a honey and mustard dipping sauce make them irresistible.
Everyday Food, January 2009
- Prep Time 40 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Serves 4
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound), cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 navel orange, cut into chunks
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees; place a baking sheet in oven. Prepare rice according to package instructions. Stir in peas, and heat briefly to warm through.
- Alternately thread pork and orange chunks onto eight 6-inch skewers; season with salt and pepper. Heat grill pan to medium; brush with 2 teaspoons oil. Cook half the skewers until pork is opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes per side; transfer to oven to keep warm. Brush grill pan with 2 teaspoons oil; cook remaining skewers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey and mustard; season with salt and pepper. Reserve half of sauce for dipping.
- Working in two batches, return skewers to grill pan, and heat over high, brushing with sauce, until glazed, about 2 minutes. Serve with rice and reserved sauce.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.