Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 5-pound turkey breast (bone-in), rinsed and well dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fit a small roasting pan with a V-shaped rack. Drizzle oil over turkey breast, and season with salt and pepper. Center turkey breast on rack. Transfer to oven, and roast until juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer reads 165 degrees when inserted into the thickest part of the breast, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Transfer to a platter, and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, make the gravy: Remove the rack, and place roasting pan directly over a burner set on high heat. Add flour to pan, and whisk for 2 minutes, scraping up the pan drippings and incorporating all of the pan juices into the flour. Add water, and continue whisking until a smooth gravy forms, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a gravy boat, and serve with turkey.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.