Smoked Trout on Pumpernickel
Martha Stewart Living, October Fall 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 8 small slices (1/4 inch thick) pumpernickel bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, with beets or plain
- 4 ounces smoked-trout fillets, pin bones and skin removed, fillets flaked into large pieces
- 16 small sprigs dill
- 1 lemon
- Cut each slice of bread on the diagonal in half. Spread one side of each with butter, then with horseradish. Top each with a piece of trout and a sprig of dill. Cover with plastic wrap, and set aside until ready to serve (up to 2 hours). Before serving, squeeze lemon juice over tops.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.