Fettuccine with Parsley Pesto and Walnuts
A twist on pesto -- with parsley and walnuts -- gives fettuccine springtime color and freshness. It's sure to impress the fussiest guests.
Everyday Food, March 2009
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound fettuccine
- 2 cups packed fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup walnuts, plus more chopped for serving
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta, and return to pot.
- In a food processor, puree parsley, walnuts, Parmesan, garlic, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons water until a paste forms. With machine running, add oil in a thin stream; process until very smooth, about 1 minute. Season pesto with salt and pepper.
- To pasta in pot, add pesto, 1/4 cup pasta water, and spinach; toss to combine. Thin with pasta water as needed. Serve sprinkled with walnuts and Parmesan.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.