Grilled Pork Chops and Onions
Martha Stewart Living, August 2007
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 4 lemons, halved crosswise
- 3 medium red onions, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 2 large Vidalia onions, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 pork chops (each about 6 ounces, 1 1/2 inches thick), trimmed
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill lemons, cut sides down, until marked, 5 minutes. Brush onions with oil, and grill, flipping once, until soft, about 5 minutes per side. Grill rosemary until fragrant, 20 seconds.
- Remove rosemary leaves from sprigs, and toss with juice from 2 grilled lemons, onions, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper, and coat with flour, shaking off excess. Grill chops on the hottest part of the grill, flipping once, until marked, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Move chops to edge of grill, and cover. Cook, flipping once, until a meat thermometer registers 145 degrees for medium, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Serve with remaining lemons and onion mixture.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.