Black-Eyed Pea and Jalapeno Salad
Piquant jalapeno chiles complement the earthy flavor of black-eyed peas in this fiber-rich side salad; they also add crunch, along with the diced red onion.
Martha Stewart Living, August 2004
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black-eyed peas, drained, rinsed, and excess water shaken out
- 2 fresh jalapeno chiles, seeds and ribs discarded, flesh cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3/4 cup sprouts, such as sunflower or alfalfa
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put black-eyed peas, jalapenos, onion, and sprouts in a large bowl. Add oil and vinegar, and toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.