- 2 carrots, cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges, layers separated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 1 small head Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (1 ounce)
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss carrots, zucchini, and onion with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until vegetables are tender and browned, 20 to 25 minutes, tossing once.
- In a serving bowl, whisk together vinegar and remaining tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Add lettuce, and toss. Top with roasted vegetables and goat cheese.
Goat cheese is a smart choice for cheese lovers. It's lower in fat than most cow's-milk cheeses and is a good source of calcium and protein.