Soft polenta can require more liquid than the package instructions typically call for.
Everyday Food, January/February 2010
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- 4 cups skim milk
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cup quick-cooking polenta
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a 4-quart pot, bring milk and broth to a boil over medium-high. Gradually whisk in polenta. Continue to whisk until polenta thickens. Reduce heat to low, season with salt and pepper, and simmer gently, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until cooked, about 25 minutes.
- Pour 4 cups polenta into a lightly oiled 8-inch square baking dish; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for the next day or two.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.