Meatloaf with Green Beans
Dressed up with a little cheese, this classic meatloaf is an easy everyday choice. A combination of ground meat and a different cheese would also taste great -- try pork and beef with Gruyere or Monterey Jack cheese.
Everyday Food, April 2010
- Total Time 40 min
- Serves 1
- 1 tablespoon plain dried breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely grated carrot (from 1/2 carrot)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 ounces ground beef
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ounces green beans, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 375. In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, milk, ketchup, cheese, scallion, carrot, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper. Add beef and gently combine. Transfer mixture to a rimmed baking sheet and form into a 2 1/2-by-4-inch loaf. Bake until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat oil over medium. Add green beans and 1 tablespoon water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until water is absorbed, about 3 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Serve alongside meatloaf.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.