Serve this classic coleslaw from Bruce and Eric Bromberg's "Blue Ribbon Cookbook" alongside their Barbecued Pork Sandwich for a satisfying lunch.
Photo credit: Quentin Bacon
The Martha Stewart Show, May 2010
- 1/2 head white cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 small, onion coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil Mayonnaise (http://www.marthastewart.com/258440/olive-oil-mayonnaise-recipe), or other prepared mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, carrot, parsley, and caraway seeds.
- Place onion, vinegar, mayonnaise, salt, sugar, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor and process until well combined. With the motor running, drizzle in canola oil and process until fully combined.
- Transfer mayonnaise mixture to bowl with cabbage mixture; toss until well combined. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.