Use leftovers to create a substantial sandwich. Together with surplus sliced beef, some Swiss cheese, and a smear of Russian dressing on rye, it can be griddled into melting deliciousness to create this Reuben sandwich.
This recipe was featured on an episode of "Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn."
Martha Stewart Living, March 2011
- 2 cups shredded <a href="/recipe/uncorned-beef-and-cabbage">cooked cabbage</a>
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- Unsalted butter
- 2 slices rye bread
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- Sliced <a href="/recipe/uncorned-beef-and-cabbage">uncorned beef</a>
- Toss cabbage with cider vinegar and salt. Combine mayonnaise and chili sauce to make Russian dressing. Spread butter on outsides of bread. Spread Russian dressing on insides, and top each with cheese. Sandwich with sliced uncorned beef and some cabbage. Heat on a griddle over medium-high heat until cheese melts, about 3 minutes per side.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.