Endive Spears with Herbed Goat Cheese
The herbed goat cheese can also be served on hearts of celery or your favorite crisp crackers.
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 heads Belgian endive, leaves separated (about 24 leaves)
- Cracked black pepper
- Stir together goat cheese, cream, and oil in a small bowl until
smooth. Stir in chopped dill. Spoon the cheese mixture onto stem ends of endive leaves, dividing evenly. Transfer to a serving platter. Season with pepper, and drizzle with oil. Garnish with dill sprigs. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.