Orzo with Chicken, Corn, and Green Beans
This pasta dish can be made up to two days ahead; let cool, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, chilled or at room temperature.
Everyday Food, May 2005
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 pound orzo
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 whole roasted chicken, (3 pounds), skin discarded, shredded (about 3 1/2 cups)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook orzo until al dente, according to package instructions; add green beans during last 6 minutes of cooking. Drain; rinse under cold water until cooled.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add corn and 1 teaspoon salt; cook until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss pasta and green beans with corn mixture and chicken. Season generously with salt and pepper.
This pasta dish can be made up to two days ahead.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.