- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup (about 3 ounces) malted-milk powder
- 1/2 cup malt balls, coarsely crushed, plus more for garnish
- Malted Brownies (http://www.marthastewart.com/263406/malted-brownies)
- Chocolate Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/282815/chocolate-sauce)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the ice cream, malted-milk powder, and crushed malt balls. Mix until blended, about 1 minute. Transfer mixture to an airtight container, and freeze until firm, about 4 hours, or overnight.
- Just before serving, cut brownies into 24 rectangles, making four even columns and six even rows.
- Assemble sundaes: Divide half of the ice cream evenly among eight serving dishes. Top each with a brownie, then with another ice cream layer. Garnish each with two more brownies. Drizzle with chocolate sauce; sprinkle with crushed malt balls.
To complete the ultimate sundae, top it off with a generous drizzle of warm chocolate sauce and a sprinkling of malted bits.