Ultimate Malted Brownie Sundae
Brownies, ice cream, chocolate sauce, and malt balls come together in this treat. Ice cream layered with brownies, topped with the light crunch of crushed malt balls to break up the richness.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2003
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup (about 3 ounces) malted-milk powder
- 1/2 cup malt balls, coarsely crushed, plus more for garnish
- Malted Brownies (http://www.marthastewart.com/263406/malted-brownies)
- Chocolate Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/282815/chocolate-sauce)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the ice cream, malted-milk powder, and crushed malt balls. Mix until blended, about 1 minute. Transfer mixture to an airtight container, and freeze until firm, about 4 hours, or overnight.
- Just before serving, cut brownies into 24 rectangles, making four even columns and six even rows.
- Assemble sundaes: Divide half of the ice cream evenly among eight serving dishes. Top each with a brownie, then with another ice cream layer. Garnish each with two more brownies. Drizzle with chocolate sauce; sprinkle with crushed malt balls.
To complete the ultimate sundae, top it off with a generous drizzle of warm chocolate sauce and a sprinkling of malted bits.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.