Everyday Food, March/April 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1/4 to 1/2 green cabbage, cored and shredded (3 cups)
- 3 carrots, coarsely grated (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, and jalapeno. Drizzle with oil and lime juice. Add cilantro and cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 4 hours to allow flavors to develop.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.