Pasta with Rosemary Shrimp Scampi
Everyday Food, December 2008
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 pound large (31 to 35) peeled and deveined frozen shrimp, tails on (if desired), thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente; reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Add shrimp to pot, and stir. Immediately drain spaghetti and shrimp, and set aside (the shrimp will continue to cook).
- In same pot, heat oil over medium. Add garlic, rosemary, and red-pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, until garlic is golden, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; return pasta and shrimp to pot. Add lemon juice and enough pasta water to create a thin sauce that coats pasta. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.