Cheesy polenta -- ready in 20 minutes -- is a satisfying side dish that easily pairs with whatever main dish is on the menu.
Everyday Food, September 2008
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal (not fine ground)
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large saucepan, combine 4 cups water, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper; bring to a boil. Whisking constantly, gradually add cornmeal. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, whisking often, until thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in Pecorino and butter. Serve immediately, sprinkled with more pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.