Roasted Root-Vegetable Pizza
Try this savory homemade pizza from "Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast" for a fun way to get kids to eat their vegetables.
Also Try: Individual Pizza with Arugula and Tomatoes
Everyday Food Fresh Flavor Fast, 2010
- Olive oil
- 1 pound <u>Basic Pizza Dough</u>, or store-bought pizza dough, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 6 cups (about 1/2 recipe) <u>Roasted Root Vegetables</u>
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (optional)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Brush a large rimless baking sheet with oil. Gently stretch dough into 12-by-16-inch oval (or as large as will fit on baking sheet); transfer to prepared sheet.
- Sprinkle dough evenly with half the mozzarella. Scatter vegetables on top, then dollop with ricotta; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and the rosemary, if desired. Drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper. Bake rotating sheet from top to bottom and front to back halfway through, until crust is golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.