A sprinkling of poppy seeds turns this simple side dish into a superstar.
Source: Everyday Food, May 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 English cucumbers, (about 1 pound each), halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 medium red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, honey, poppy seeds, coarse salt, and pepper. Add cucumbers and onion; toss to combine.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.