Glazed Maple Cookies
Sprinkle cookies with coarse salt after glazing to enhance the maple flavor.
Everyday Food, November 2009
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pure maple syrup
- 2 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in 1/2 cup maple syrup and egg yolks. With mixer on low, beat in flour mixture.
- Drop batter by tablespoons, 3 inches apart, onto two baking sheets. Using a flat-bottomed glass dipped in flour, flatten cookies to a 1/4-inch thickness. Bake until golden at edges, 12 to 15 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool. In a small saucepan, simmer 1 cup maple syrup until reduced to 3/4 cup. Spoon over cookies.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.