Molasses Whipped Sweet Potatoes
This sweet potato recipe is courtesy of Design Cuisine.
The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2009
- 6 large sweet potatoes (about 6 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and transfer to oven. Roast until easily pierced with a fork, about an hour. Let potatoes cool slightly; remove skin and discard.
- Transfer potatoes to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat until smooth. Add butter, salt, orange juice, sugar, molasses, and maple syrup; beat until butter is melted and mixture is well combined. Serve immediately or store, covered and refrigerated, up to 1 day. To reheat, transfer potato mixture to an ovenproof dish, cover, and place in a 350-degree oven until heated through.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.