Mango and Hearts of Palm Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
If you're going to be using the zest, wash limes thoroughly just before zesting; if a recipe calls for zest and juice, zest before juicing. One lime will yield about 2 tablespoons juice.
Everyday Food, January/February 2006
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) hearts of palm, drained, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head Boston lettuce (about 8 ounces), washed and dried
- In a small bowl, whisk lime juice and Dijon. Set vinaigrette aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss mango, onion, hearts of palm, and half the vinaigrette; season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly divide lettuce among four plates; top with mango mixture. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.