- 1/3 cup grainy mustard
- 1/3 cup malt vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for pan
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 boneless, skinless turkey thighs (about 2 1/4 pounds total), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 head green cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- 3 medium carrots, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, oil, and sugar; season mustard sauce with salt and pepper. Transfer 1/2 cup to another large bowl, add turkey, and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- To remaining mustard sauce, add cabbage, carrots, and onion. Toss to combine and season slaw with salt and pepper.
- Thread 3 to 4 pieces turkey onto each of fourteen 6-inch skewers. Heat a grill pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high; lightly oil pan. In batches, grill kebabs until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes, turning halfway through. Reserve 6 kebabs and 2 cups slaw for Turkey Wraps. Serve remaining kebabs with slaw.
Mild malt vinegar tenderizes the turkey and flavors the cabbage slaw. If you don't have a grill pan or cast-iron skillet, you can use a heavy-bottomed pan.