To make chunks, peel, quarter, and core a small pineapple (about 1 pound). Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, then cut into 1/4-inch pieces.
Everyday Food, September 2005
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 4 hours 15 minutes
- Serves 8
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks, (or one 14.5-ounce can chunks packed in juice, drained)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a food processor, combine pineapple chunks, milk, and sugar; pulse until almost smooth, with some chunks of pineapple remaining.
- Pour half the mixture into a medium bowl (or a glass measuring cup for easy pouring). Pulse remaining mixture until completely smooth; add to mixture in bowl.
- Divide evenly among eight 3-ounce molds or paper cups, and insert wooden sticks. Freeze until solid, at least 4 hours or up to 2 weeks (cover with plastic wrap).
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.