Sauteed Green Beans and Red Onion
Everyday Food, April 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, bring 1 cup water, oil, salt, and pepper to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add green beans and onion. Cover, and cook until beans are crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Uncover, and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until water has evaporated, beans are tender, and onions are beginning to brown, 5 to 8 minutes more. Stir in vinegar and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.