Everyday Food, September 2003
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup long-grain rice, (not converted)
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- In a medium saucepan, boil 1 1/2 cups water with 1 teaspoon salt. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cover and cook until rice is almost dry, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, until completely dry, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork; toss with scallions, sesame seeds, and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.