Fish Po' Boys
Everyday Food, November 2003
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 pound skinless flounder fillets
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (8-ounce) baguette
- Spicy Tartar Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/262027/spicy-tartar-sauce)
- Lettuce and sliced tomato, as sandwich toppings
- Cut flounder fillets into 1 1/2-inch strips; pat dry. Place in a medium bowl. Add cornmeal; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Brown fish (work in batches if needed) on both sides, 7 to 10 minutes (turn fish carefully). Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; season with more salt, as desired.
- Split baguette; hollow out slightly. Spread both halves with tartar sauce, and layer with lettuce, sliced tomato, and fish. Cut into 4 pieces.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.