The earthy flavor of fall vegetables is a delicious addition to the dinner table.
Everyday Food, October 2003
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 4 leeks, (2 1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 4 cups reduced-sodium canned chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Remove outer leaves; cut dark-green ends from leeks. Trim roots, keeping leaves attached. Halve lengthwise; rinse to remove grit.
- Bring broth to a boil in a large skillet. Add leeks; cover, and cook over medium-low heat, turning once, until easily pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 15 to 25 minutes. Using tongs, transfer leeks to a platter.
- Boil broth until reduced to 1/2 cup, 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add butter; swirl to melt. Add parsley; season with salt and pepper. Spoon over leeks.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.