These impressive treats are easy to make and require only three simple ingredients: raspberry jam, sugar, and ready-made puff pastry.
Everyday Food, May 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
Yield Makes 30
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (8 1/2 ounces), thawed, cut into 5 equal strips
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unfold puff pastry onto a cutting board; cut crosswise into 5 equal strips.
- Spread 4 strips with raspberry jam, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar. Stack coated strips; top with remaining strip. Freeze until firm, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. With a serrated knife slice stack crosswise 1/4-inch-thick placing slices on baking sheets as you work, 4 inches apart. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake until puffed and golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.