Jerk Chicken with Cucumber Relish
Jerk chicken is a traditional Jamaican dish that gets its name and a little bit of heat from jerk seasoning, a simple blend of herbs and spices.
Everyday Food, January/February 2004
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons Jerk Seasoning (http://www.marthastewart.com/258210/jerk-seasoning)
- 5 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together jerk seasoning, 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, and olive oil. Add boneless, skinless chicken breasts, and turn to coat. Cover, and let marinate in the refrigerator 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove chicken from marinade, and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Spoon marinade over chicken, and bake until chicken
is just cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss onion and cucumber with 3 tablespoons cider vinegar and sugar. To serve, slice chicken breasts as desired; spoon cucumber relish over the top.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.