Zucchini with Lemon and Thyme
Zucchini is a good source of vitamin C and potassium, and can be enjoyed raw or cooked.
Everyday Food, April 2010
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini (about 3 medium)
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 more teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, leaves
- Cut 1 1/2 pounds (about 3 medium) into large pieces. In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons over medium-high. Add half the zucchini and toss to coat in oil. Season with and and cook until golden brown in spots, about 4 minutes. Transfer zucchini to a serving bowl. Repeat with 2 more teaspoons oil and remaining zucchini. Stir batches together and add 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon season with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.