Tostadas Salsa Verde
With the poaching method, you get tender and moist chicken as well as a tasty broth, which you can use in a variety of dishes.
Everyday Food, January/February 2006
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 ounces shredded (3/4 cup) pepper Jack cheese
- 2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded chicken breasts, from <u>Poached Chicken Breasts and Chicken Broth</u>
- 1 cup jarred green salsa, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped, plus 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange tortillas on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle cheese evenly over tortillas; bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together chicken, salsa, 1/4 cup cilantro, and cumin. Spoon mixture evenly over tortillas; bake until heated through, about 8 minutes.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, and sour cream. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Serve immediately, with additional green salsa, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.