Shredded Chicken Salad
Everyday Food, March/April 2003
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 red bell peppers
- 3 scallions
- 1 cucumber
- Quick Peanut Vinaigrette (http://www.marthastewart.com/263923/quick-peanut-vinaigrette)
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- In a skillet, bring 1 cup salted water to a simmer. Add chicken, cover, and cook over low heat 5 minutes. Turn off heat; let steam 5 minutes. Shred chicken with a fork.
- Cut lettuce and bell peppers into strips; slice scallions. Quarter cucumber lengthwise; slice thinly. Combine vegetables and chicken; season with salt.
- Toss with peanut vinaigrette and peanuts.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.