Lemony Swiss Chard
Because chard stalks take longer to cook than the leaves, separate them using a knife -- the stalks go into the skillet first.
Everyday Food, January 2008
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 2
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch Swiss chard (about 3/4 pound), stalks cut into 1-inch pieces and leaves roughly torn (keep separate)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add chard stalks, and cook, tossing until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Add as many chard leaves to skillet as will fit, adding more as room becomes available; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until stalks are tender, 4 to 6 minutes more.
- Drain and discard any liquid from chard in skillet; stir in lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.