Try these savory corn fritters with our Barbecued Chicken Tenders.
Everyday Food, July/August 2006
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 3 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sour cream, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Remove kernels: Cut off tip of each cob; stand in a wide shallow bowl. With a sharp knife, slice downward to remove kernels. To bowl, add milk, egg, sugar, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix. Fold in cornmeal and flour.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with paper towels. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Working in two batches, drop batter into pan by heaping tablespoons. Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt; place in oven. Repeat. Keep warm in oven up to 30 minutes. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.