Crunchy Chocolate Treats
To make squares instead of clusters, use a wet spatula and evenly spread mixture into a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Let set before cutting with a serrated knife.
Everyday Food, June 2005
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Makes 2 dozen
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 bag (10 ounces) mini marshmallows
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 3/4 cup peanut-butter chips
- In a large, deep saucepan, melt butter over low heat, about 4 minutes. Add mini marshmallows and cook, stirring, until melted, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add chocolate and cook, stirring, until melted, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Quickly fold in rice cereal and peanut-butter chips until evenly distributed.
- Coat a 1/4-cup dry measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray; scoop mixture onto waxed paper, forming clusters. Let set, about 10 minutes.
Store in an airtight container for up to several days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.