Tuna with Orange-Pepper Salsa
Spice up a summer meal with a grilled dish that tastes of the Caribbean islands.
Everyday Food, July/August 2005
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for grates
- 4 tuna steaks (each 6 to 8 ounces and 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Boston lettuce (optional)
- Make salsa: In a medium bowl, toss together oranges, bell pepper, onion, mint, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat grill to high; oil grates. Rub tuna with oil, coriander, salt, and pepper. Place on grill; cook, turning once, until browned in spots but still pink in the center, 4 to 6 minutes. Serve topped with salsa. Garnish with lettuce leaves, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.