We lightened this classic dip without sacrificing flavor.
Everyday Food, January 2008
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts in water, rinsed, drained, and coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces reduced-fat bar cream cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Raw vegetables, such as bell-pepper wedges, carrot slices, and cauliflower florets, for dipping
- Place half the artichokes in a food processor; add cream cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan, lemon juice, garlic, cayenne, and 3 tablespoons water. Process until smooth.
- Add scallions, remaining artichokes, and spinach; pulse briefly. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl. (To store, refrigerate, up to 2 days.) Top with 1 tablespoon Parmesan, and serve dip with raw vegetables.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.