Mesclun Salad with Shallots and Blue Cheese
Everyday Food, November 2008
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- 1 pound shallots (about 10), peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 10 ounces mesclun or mixed greens
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup blanched hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss shallots with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing occasionally, until browned and tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly; set aside. In a large serving bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar, and Dijon; season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, add greens and shallots to dressing; toss, and top with cheese and hazelnuts.
Refrigerate dressing and cooked shallots separately, up to 2 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.