Roasted Chicken with Lemon Sauce
Some simple ingredients plus a little bit of planning can turn a great dinner into two. Use the leftover chicken half to make Pasta with Chicken and Peas.
Everyday Food, March 2005
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Yield Serves 4
- 3 chicken halves (3 to 4 pounds total)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine
- 3/4 cup canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large roasting pan with a rack, cook chicken, skin side up, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 165 degrees, about 45 minutes. Remove chicken and rack.
- Make sauce: Pour pan juices into a measuring cup; skim off fat. In pan, cook wine over medium-high, scraping up bits, until reduced by a fourth, 4 to 6 minutes. Add broth, lemon juice, and pan juices. Cook until reduced by a fourth, 5 minutes. Stir in oregano. Add water, if needed, to make 1 1/2 cups.
- Serve two chicken halves with 1/2 cup of the sauce.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.