Complete any meal with this sweet citrus tart from "Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast."
Everyday Food, October 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 2 hours (with cooling)
- Serves 8
- 72 vanilla wafers (from a 12-ounce box)
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. In a food processor, pulse vanilla wafers until finely ground (to yield 2 cups). Add butter and pulse until crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Transfer crumb mixture to a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Press firmly into the bottom and up the sides. Place pan on a baking sheet; bake crust until lightly browned and set, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In clean food processor, blend ricotta, cream cheese, eggs, granulated sugar, and lemon zest and juice until smooth. Pour into hot crust in pan; bake until filling is set and browned in spots, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Just before serving, dust top of tart with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.