Serve this creamy dish with our Mediterranean Chicken Stew.
Everyday Food, January/February 2005
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large saucepan, bring water, salt, and pepper to a boil over high heat.
- Whisking constantly, very gradually add cornmeal. Simmer over medium heat, whisking frequently, until thickened, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and butter until smooth.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.