- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 12 ounces penne rigate (ridged)
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 pound peeled and deveined frozen shrimp, thawed
- 8 ounces snow peas, trimmed and halved on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup crumbled feta (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook penne 5 minutes less than al dente. Add asparagus; cook 3 minutes. Add shrimp and snow peas; cook 2 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta mixture, and return to pot.
- To pasta mixture, add oil, lemon juice, garlic, and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Gently mix in feta and mint; adjust to desired consistency with some pasta water as needed. Serve immediately.
One-pot recipes are another way to reduce effort and energy, particularly on cleanup. Here, veggies and shrimp cook with the pasta. The mixture is drained, returned to the pot, and tossed with feta and mint.