Use this pie dough to make our Caramelized Apple Tart.
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
- Serves 10
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, salt, and sugar several times to combine. Add butter.
- Pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-size pieces remaining.
- Add 2 tablespoons ice water; pulse until dough is crumbly but holds together when squeezed (if needed, add up to 2 more tablespoons ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time). Do not overmix.
- Turn out onto a floured work surface; knead once or twice, until dough comes together. Flatten dough into a disk; wrap in plastic, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.